Saturday, March 30, 2019

BIG audio book news!


Audio book sales have become the real boom area of publishing. I've seen it with my own work, and it's wonderful. Most of my mysteries have become audio books, and I just signed a contract to make one of my Regency romances, the Viscount's Valentine, into an audio book.

But wonderful news...

A Gentlewoman's Guide to Murder is coming out in audiobook form on April 9th from Tantor, who does all of my mystery novels!

Click here to pre-order: A Gentlewoman's Guide to Murder

And the special, really neat thing about this is... I was given the extraordinary opportunity to choose my own narrator/voice actress!

I was very deliberate about it... I went through Tantor's audio books and listened to clips... it was a little bit of a Goldilocks moment... one's timber of voice was too light, one too low, one too brisk. And then...

And then I listened to a clip of Heather Wilds voicing the awesomely talented Anna Lee Huber's The Anatomist's Wife, and I knew... she was the one!

But would she be available? Would she WANT to do it? And then I got the word... she was available, and she did want to do it!

And now, as publication day approaches... I'm afraid to listen to the sample. I don't know why, but it always makes me nervous. So... could someone have a listen and tell me how it sounds?? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment